news:K_U%q.101267$oV1.4561@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> "Frank Kurz" <tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> On 18/02/2012 5:55 AM, ABLE1 wrote:
>>>
>>> "Frank Kurz"<tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote in message
>>> : On 17/02/2012 1:45 PM, ABLE1 wrote:
>>> :>  Hey all,
>>> :>
>>> :>  Among all the billions or so electric key switches how does one
>>> find
>>> :>  a switch with the following features.
>>> :>
>>> :>  - Maintained - Off - Momentary
>>> :>
>>> :>  - Key removal at the Maintained and Off Positions
>>> :>
>>> :>  - Minimal current (dry contacts only)
>>> :>
>>> :>  - About 15 switches all keyed alike.
>>> :>
>>> :>  Trying to search on line is nuts.  Was looking at Mouser but
>>> when
>>> :>  you find one, then go look at the specs and something does not
>>> :>  match.
>>> :>  Usually the key removal issue.
>>> :>  There has to be a better way.  Or maybe there isn't.
>>> :>
>>> :>  Anyone know of an easier way??
>>> :>
>>> :>  Thanks,
>>> :>
>>> :>  Les
>>> :>
>>> :>
>>> :>
>>> :
>>> : Doug's link to Galco is pretty cool.  They have a really easy to
>>> search
>>> : database.  It only took 40 seconds to find what you want.
>>> :
>>> :
>>> : --
>>> : Frank Kurz
>>> : www.firetechs.net
>>>

>>> Frank, You will forgive me for saying that I believe your "40 second
>>> find" is a bit over stated.  Maybe you got lucky or did not read my
>>> criteria.  Either way, I will call them next week, so thanks to Doug
>>> for the link.
>>>
>>> Oh, and if you want to share your find I will type a quick apology
>>> and thank you.
>>>
>>> Les
>>>

>> http://www.galco.com/scripts/cgiip.exe/wa/wcat/itemdtl.r?listtype=Catalog&pnum=G1M3SSK5-40111-ABBG
>>
>> There are several others available as well.  In either NO or NC
>> configurations.  Sweet!
>>
>> --
>> Frank Kurz
>> www.firetechs.net
>
> Oh contraire:   The key is removable in ALL positions.
>
> See here;   http://www.galco.com/techdoc/abbg/g1m3ssk5-40111_cp.pdf
>
> It is close but no cigar.  I realize I may have to compromise somewhere on
> this but not just yet.
>
> I am also hoping for a price point in the $30 or less range.  That may not
> be possible but I can dream.
>
> Thanks for the link.
>
> Les

I'm not sure what the issue would be if the key is removable from the
momentary position.
If  the switch is spring loaded from the momentary position then removing
the key while holding the switch in the momentary position will simply
return the switch to the off position, or am I missing something here.

Doug

sounds like those old nose switches on early ademco and mosler alarms panels
center off key removable,  left armed maintained and key removable,  right
test circuit momentary key non-removable ...

RTS