Re: And the Door Knockers are at it Again...

On Feb 1, 7:16=A0am, nick markowitz <nmarkow...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Jan 31, 11:00=A0pm, mleuck <m.le...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > On Jan 31, 7:19=A0pm, "Bob La Londe" <n...@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > > I probably still won't get it the alarm, but I bet she thinks twice b=
efore
> > > buying anything else from an evangelical door knocker..
>
> > I could be wrong and don't care to get into a debate about religion
> > but last I checked Mormons aren't evangelicals :)
>
> Yes these ethical Mormons insist that there wireless alarm is so much
> better and safer than hardwired.
> My dad just laughs every time they come by and try to sell there
> crap.
> Asks them if the system they sell can pass the sledge hammer test.
> etc.
> and they insist there systems can not be compromised etc etc.
> These alarm company's have there sales people heads filled so full of
> shit =A0they actually believe what there saying and doing is factual.and
> any thing else and the customer is getting screwed.
> But lets face it there vulnerable college kids they can get who are
> young and impressionable and ho would believe any line of horse shit.

RHC: Nick, large companies are known for integrating a large measure
of corporate propaganda into their salespeoples "knowledge base".  I
see it even with legitimate large companies like ADT.

Back in the days when I was actually doing manual billing, I had
forgotten to bill this one customer for a couple of months. One day,
while I was about to send him his late bill, I noticed a "failure to
communicate the test signal. So I called him. I didn't know it but he
actually worked for ADT, and assumed as his company touts, that most
small businesses go out of business leaving their customers high and
dry, and that because he didn't get a bill, he assumed the worst with
me (of course, he couldn't have picked up the phone..right). Anyway,
that's the ONLY time I ever lost an account to ADT, and for the
stupidest of reasons.

His system was always needing work; I guess now he'll get a taste of
ADT's service....:))