And the Door Knockers are at it Again...

I got a call yesterday afternoon.  I prewired the house for a comprehensive
full perimeter with GB, PIR, Fire, etc a decade ago.  They had the
doorknockers come a calling and they signed a contract.  When they started
hanging wireless everywhere they freaked out and called me... sigh!  LOL.

The door knocker installer opened the cover plate, pulled out the wire
bundle (labeled I might add) and told the customer that wasn't where the
alarm wires came out.  It must be something else.

They had a wireless motion screwed to the wall two feet below where a wire
for a motion was stubbed out, and the installers in order to try and steam
roll the customer into upsells disconnected their thermostats and started
installing alarm controlled stats.  They left unfinished as near as I can
tell with what wasn't much more than a 3 doors and a motion wireless install
to an all in one box, and a non functioning thermostat.

I can't make this shit up.

I showed the customer where the junction points where for everything, That
the wire bundle was in fact the main alarm point, and that the building
contractor had even installed an outlet next to it for power.

Then, I told them to straighten out their mess one way or another with the
door knocker company and call me back if they wanted to me to install a
comprehensive alarm like their house was prewired for with all the features
that door knockers claimed.

I might not have been so nice, but they live on the next street from me.
When I left I asked the lady of the house, "So, did I try to 'sell' you
anything?"

"No."

"There you go."

I probably still won't get it the alarm, but I bet she thinks twice before
buying anything else from an evangelical door knocker..