Re: PK5501 LCD Some Keys Don't Work

On Sunday, December 9, 2012 4:07:09 PM UTC-5, Russell Brill wrote:
> "Jim" <alarminex@xxxxxxx> wrote in message news:fb98a42d-6ab6-4ab5-b2bf-5=
352cf399c55@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx > On Saturday, December 8, 2012 6:43:15 PM =
UTC-5, Russell Brill wrote: > Weird little PITA things like the DSC Gremlin=
s is why I gave up on Napco > years ago... I got tired of the panel freakin=
g out, when I just wanted to > program and test the thing and GO Home......=
. > > In my reply to Robert, I was going to say that I've never experience =
> things like that with Napco panels. ..... Oh well. Let me say this in Nap=
co's defense; Gremlins never appeared with the P3200 or a few of the P9600'=
s I installed, but the lower end panels seemed to suffer from reoccurring i=
nfestations :)

I've used Napco for lot's and lots of years. Never had any major issues wit=
h their products, even previous to the Gemini line. Their programming was t=
he hardest issue for most "newer" users of their products but if (like me )=
 you were using them from the beginning, the programing was just an evoluti=
on from the previous line of  products, so the programming never seemed dif=
ficult to me. The one advantage it DID have is that it made all other mfg's=
 programing a breeze. In the older Napco lines there were occasional little=
 "quirks" but they were able to be remedied quickly/easily. But I always us=
ed the upper end of their products anyway and tried to stay away from their=
 lesser products that they made to compete with the other mfg's low end equ=
ipment. Like now, I only use the P1632  .... on up .... so maybe that's a r=
eason I've not had any problems. Also, my policy is to never use a newly in=
troduced product until it's been out for about a year. I'd think that's a m=
ajor reason also and should be applied for ANY mfg. But (in my experience) =
that goes ESPECIALLY for DSC.=20

Don't know if you read it in my earlier post or not but just I had an issue=
 with their radios that had a flaw that they didn't issue a recall on. We h=
ad the storm here on the east coast. Power out for some people for weeks.  =
When radio loses all power and battery wears down, when unit powers back up=
 it destroys the unit and it has to be replaced. Long past warranty. Fortun=
ately I only have two of them installed.=20

Ask me if I'll ever use their equipment again.