Re: Advertising suggestions sought, or stratagies

On Oct 18, 3:07=A0am, G. Morgan <G_Mor...@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Jim Wrote:
>
> >Another thing I did was .... volunteered doing free seminars on
> >securtity systems at the local library.
>
> Hey Jim,
>
> I know you don't like me, but I really do appreciate this "Gem".

Here's another. Try approaching some of the senior citizen's
organizations  .... there's lots of them around and more all the time.
Invite younger family members who will oftimes foot the bill because
they're concerned about their parents. Offer your talk from the
standpoint of informing/educating them about how the "free" alarm
process REALLY works and bring a demo of the simplest alarm panel you
carry. Show them Key fob arming first, before  you show them keypad
arming. . If you can, set up a cellular communicator and a dummy
account with central to your cell phone on speaker and let them
actually hear the operator respond to an alarm. Think about it more
and find out what the fears are that elderly people have about alarm
systems. If you do PERS bring a sample. let them press the button on
the pendant .... and again, hear the operator respond. Use a two digit
arming code when doing the demo. Later on, show them how the code can
be changed to their birthday or the birthday of their grandchildren.
There are millions of elderly people out there who don't have an alarm
system because they are not from a era of computers and electronics.
They're afraid of it and think they wont be able to understand or
operate it and screw it up and that they'll make embarrassing mistakes
and that they will "disturb" the people at central station. YOUR job
is to prove them wrong. Get them involved with the demonstations too.
See it, Hear it, Touch it.

Remeber there are only two primary buyer motives ...   to solve a
problem and to feel good .... and four primary buyer emotions ....
scared, sad, mad or glad.  Study your market, learn the responses in
advance on how to address those concerns and eventually you'll develop
a sales routine that will get you more sales then the next guy. You
only have to be 5% better then your competitor to put you in the 80 to
90 % ....  more sucessful bracket.