Re: Advertising suggestions sought, or stratagies

On Oct 16, 10:46=A0am, rodney brittain <rnbrittai...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Oct 13, 8:15=A0pm, Jim <alarmi...@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > Perhaps I have written a response because I haven't been back since
> > > posting the thread. =A0I didn't even know RLB passed away until looki=
ng
> > > at previous posts.
> > > One poster said this, another that, etc. To bad that this NG has the
> > > same tone as it did ten years ago. =A0That said , =A0I like to hear o=
ther
> > > people's thoughts and ideas. =A0To those that shared their ideas I sa=
> > > thanks. =A0To those that decided to step into a negative direction I =
say
> > > move on. =A0Life is way to short to fixate on negativity.
>
> > Rodney, I don't think anyone here would ever fixate on you.
>
> > You can take the following positively or negatively, as you choose,
> > but .......... you can be sure, that no one who was here when you
> > tried to fantasize your life for us ....... will ever forget you,
> > either. As a matter of fact, I think Mark summed it up quite well. You
> > see, if you think that the participants of ASA are the same as when
> > you were here last time, =A0then it's quite reasonable for us to think
> > that you are too. Getting right to the point, I think it all boils
> > down to =A0..... once you are laughed out of a group of people, its a
> > pretty sure thing that no one is going to ever take you seriously
> > again.- Hide quoted text -

> I didn't say all participants were the same. =A0Some are and some are
> not, others prefer not to waste their time on banter.
> I am sure that =A0that most of the participants here are in a market
> very unlike the one I have been in for the past twelve years. =A0I think
> it's probaly a good idea I don't waste to much of =A0my time reading
> this newsgroup. =A0I am not sure any of you can contribute to the
> question I posed anyway. =A0Mark? =A0saying that I was here years again
> posting the same question. Interesting how others in life seek
> feedback from others as they see the intrinsic value of multiple
> perspectives. =A0Things, stratagies change and not everyone has all of
> the answers. So seeking various opinions is considered a weakness in
> the eyes of Mark. =A0My opinion is that he not happy with his life or
> his job. =A0Most entreprenuers intimidate those that want to be but are
> to afraid to take the risk of stepping out on their own. Interesting
> to see how some stay stuck in life while others move on. =A0I'm not sure
> what you mean by fantasize my life? =A0Not that I will know cause I
> won't be reading any responses , atleast for the next few months.
> Good luck to you and all of you that are the regulars here in NG.
> Those of you that say " never forget me, etc? =A0Better remembered then
> forgotten I say. Good luck to those that have spent thousands upon
> thousands of hours spewing negativity inside the ng. I don't have time
> for it.

> [...]

Well Rodney it wasn't Mark who first said you were here years ago
posting the same question. It was me.
Mark doesn't fear entrepreneurs. He just fears having to go outside
and meet people.  For the most part everyone here is an entrepreneur
so don't think you are some new and exciting species to hit our little
world.

My first piece of advice is spell the word strategy properly if you
want to be taken seriously.

My second piece of advice is to hire a sales rep or a marketing rep.
It's safe to say you have little to no skill in those areas because if
you did you wouldn't be here many years later asking how to market
customers in a town that only has 3 or 4 providers.
If you can't afford to hire someone than hire a service like City
Search to generate interest in your business.
Rodney the questions you are asking are ones that I would expect to
hear from someone thinking about starting in the business rather than
someone who has actually been in the business.

You are talking about how the newsgroup hasn't changed, and I agree.
We are still the same people who witnessed CowboyChip, MarcAntony, and
many other sockos. We lived through Kathy and George. We watched as
you time after time tried to convince people you were someone to be
taken seriously, only to follow up with some ridiculous stunt. We
watched and wondered about your mental stability when you used the
newsgroup as your primary avenue of contact with your brother.

It's also a newsgroup that helped me build my business to what it is
today. The participants of this newsgroup have helped me tremendously
and didn't even realize they were doing it. Truth be told a few of
these old coots would have smoked my ass in business had the resources
I have today been available to them back in the day. Jim (Alarminex)
would probably own a huge company if he had the same resources I have
back when he still had the desire to grow a business.
So shut the pie trap about how the group hasn't changed. Use the group
for what it is.

Rodney, you have a great desire to make a mark in this industry, and
for that I applaud you. Keep trying. One day you just might catch
lightning in a bottle. Unfortunately the mark you've made so far is
one of a flighty goofball.  The good news is you have only made that
mark here in this insignificant newsgroup. Rodney, you are so hell
bent on trying to impress this group that it ends up harming your
business.
Just use the group and stop trying to impress everyone.

Better to remain silent and be thought of as a fool than to open your
mouth and remove all doubt.