Re: Outdoor CCTV problem

G. Morgan <G_Morgan@xxxxxxxx> wrote in
news:15bn879jresokn9voa5i340k017k1daif0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

> dude, you're going to have to start over if you want a working system.
> If I had a nickel for every time I've heard of people getting burned;
> I'd have a dollar or two.
>
>>Transmission Type  ISM 2400 - 2483 MHz.
>
> That is 802.11g -- 802.11n is 10x faster.
>
> You're better off with hardwiring using CAT5 and install IP cams or
> video baluns for analog cams.

Thanks.. I thought about using IP cams, and storing the footage on a web
server somewhere, but then I realised how easy it was for someone to cut
the phone line from the property. I'm not in an area where wireless
internet is very reliable, so I decided to aim for a wireless system so I
could store the video locally, off premises, where the DVR couldn't be
located by following the wires. Little did I realise how problematic this
wireless system would be.

>>Min Illumination  O Lux.
>
> Unacceptable

I assumed that 0 Lux meant no light - which sounded good to me!

>>IR Nightvision Range  7 Metres.
>
> Always take what they say the range is, then divide by 3.  They lie!

The 7 mtrs is quite truthful, in this case although, at 7 mtrs, things get
a bit less well-lit by the IR, and might not trigger movement activation..

Jake