Re: Outdoor CCTV problem

Jim <alarminex@xxxxxxx> wrote in
news:26c892a9-85c3-40b7-994f-9dca03eefa30@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

> Please excuse me but ..... unfortunately, you're coming here with a
> pair of sissors and you want to know if we can tell you how you can
> use them to cut your lawn. Best advice I can give you is to do some
> thorough research and then go out and buy a lawn mower. Or ..... pay
> someone to provide you with the appropriate tool to do the job. As I'm
> sure you know, professionals get paid to do what they do because they'
> have the experience, done the homework and the trial and error. You
> just didn't dig deep enough to find out what you didn't know about
> CCTV. Sorry!

OK - thank you for the input. Agreed, I didn't research *all* of the specs
you mentioned, in detail, but I was in a hurry to get something rigged up
quickly, with no time to do lenthy research. I'm also on a budget, so I
couldn't buy on the "you get what you pay for" premise. It's possible that
I will end up buying an entirely different setup, but for now, I'll have a
go at optimising what I've got - for example by following your suggestions.
The daytime performance is OK (or will be, if I can get all 4 cameras to
register correctly by the receiver). I'm mainly puzzled as to why nighttime
wireless performance is so terrible. Perhaps if I instal extra IR lights it
would improve things...

Jake