What is the Gadget Flashing?

What is the flashing device that's connected to this DSC panel?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUHLpf5nRcs&feature=related

My Mother in Law is looking into replacing her panel with an Alexor
panel from DSC. Will she be able to use her existing sensors? A security
dealer dropped off a few pamphlets for her to check out. I have read the
as to whether the group recommends this panel. What's the latest word on
this panel?