Re: What is the Gadget Flashing?

On Nov 15, 10:26=A0pm, Jack <country...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> What is the flashing device that's connected to this DSC panel?
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DDUHLpf5nRcs&feature=3Drelated
>
> My Mother in Law is looking into replacing her panel with an Alexor
> panel from DSC. Will she be able to use her existing sensors? A security
> dealer dropped off a few pamphlets for her to check out. I have read the
> as to whether the group recommends this panel. What's the latest word on
> this panel?

I don't know anything about the Alexor panels except that I heard that
there was some kind of problem with it regarding loss of wireless
communication without there being any notice, which DSC denied. So
it's just the word of a central station who lost contact with all of
it's Alexo panels at the same time for a day or two,  against DSC who
said it must be something that the central station did wrong.

 However, if that green light is really on a GSM receiver that's
sitting next to your keypad, I'd really find another alarm company to
deal with. That device should be hidden away somewhere so it is not
just hanging on the wall beside a keypad. I mean come ON!  it's a
security device that if compromised by an intruder could cause the
system to not communicate with your central station. It should be
installed kind of hidden away somewhere and as high as possible in the
house to obtain the best communication advantage to the local towers
in your area. And even if it does do that being mounted beside your
keypad, it looks like someone just got lazy and couldn't be bothered
making the installation look professional to some degree. Seeing this
makes me wonder what ELSE ..... they didn't do  ..... that you can't
see.

I'd certainly get someone else in to give you an estimate and see what
they say when they see the location of the transmitter.