Re: Who's blog is this ?? --- Security related

On Jun 22, 10:23=A0am, G. Morgan <G_Mor...@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> tourman Wrote:
>
> >RHC: Graham, I agree that this is clearly not an objective " review"';
> >however, if you poke around on his blog a bit, you'll see his heart is
> >in the right place ! He outlines some of the scummy tactics used by
> >APX Alarms to sell, as well as some of the other more objectionable
> >tactics used in our industry (such as selling using the "fear
> >factor")
>
> Yeah, his heart is in the right place maybe. =A0I was just looking for
> product reviews for the 2Gig systems, didn't expect a non-review.
>
> I'm tempted to use them or the new Lynx Touch for renters. =A0The 2Gig ha=
> a GSM communicator built-in, so even if it's knocked off the wall it's
> still communicating (hopefully).
>
> >Dunno who he is, but he sounds like a small alarm dealer who has had a
> >gut full of the shady side of our business and has just gone on a
> >rant.....
>
> I thought it was someone here at first, but that one does not share the
> same opinion on "all-in-ones".

RHC: Even though they don't fit in my "target market", I have heard
some good things about the 2Gig panel. One large national company up
here (Protectron) has taken them on as a line and they sell very well
apparently. However, they are still another totally wireless option
with emphasis on neither home automation or security, so I would be
naturally suspicious (or at least very cautious)

I had planned a meeting with their Product Manager up here, but it got
cancelled due to my trip south. I just never followed up with him. A
third line of panels is just one more I have to support in my
business, and my gut tells me that is one too many...