Re: Who's blog is this ?? --- Security related

G. Morgan Wrote:

>http://homesecurityalarminfo.blogspot.com/2011/01/2gig-technologies-go-control-wireless.html
>
>Wednesday, January 5, 2011

>2GIG Technologies Go Control Wireless tries to look high tech
>I just stumbled across an article about someone (Who will remain
>unnamed) within the security alarm industry and his move over to 2gig
>technologies.

Personal attack.

>This prompted me to do a little research on the company.
>It seems the gang over at APX are using it so it must be crap... or at
>least cheap.

Company attack.

>Cheap does not always mean bad so I looked a little further. Well, first
>of all, the security alarm portion of the 2Gig Go Control system is
>completely wireless.

Yes, but there's more to the story.  Hardwired zone modules can be
incorporated then re-sent over a wireless transceiver.  The modules have
8 zones a piece.

>Not good touchscreen or not.

What?

>Looking a little further, 2Gig is touting the 2 gig technologies Go
>Control as a complete home automation system stating "Make any home a
>smart home." I will be the first to admit smart home technology is
>highly overpriced for what it is. The thing is, cheap Home Automation
>"Solutions" such as the 2Gig Go Control bring back nightmares of X-10
>and what they were trying to do.

It uses Z-Wave, not X-10, for automation devices.

>So what is the 2Gig Go Control you ask. Well, from initial review, I see
>it as nothing more than a souped up DSC Alexor, GE Simon, Paradox
>Magellan, Alarmforce, Honeywell Lynx, Snif or any of the other wireless
>wannabe security alarm system pieces of trash.

This is the entire technical review of the system?

>I really wish the alarm
>manufacturers would get a grip on reality and realise security alarms
>are serious business. Security alarm systems are not toys, security
>alarm systems need to be able to withstand the attack of a potential
>intruder. A transistor radio sized box mounted on the wall by the front
>door and containing the entire 'Brains' of your security system is not
>real security. I don't care how fancy you make it and how many functions
>it can do, this type of wireless 'security alarm system' is just a
>fancier toilet alarm. It just looks a little nicer before the would be
>intruder steps on it, rendering the 2gig technologies Go Control home
>automation security alarm control panel totally useless when compared to
>its' hardwired counterpart.

Pure opinion and ranting.  This has nothing to do with a "review".

>Sorry guys, I did take an honest look at the 2gig Go Control security
>alarm system and just do not like it, even with the cheesy little
>touchscreen and online demo.

I doubt you did.  You don't seem to know anything about it.

> I will continue to stick to hardwired
>security alarm systems as well as automation systems. When it comes to
>wireless and security alarm systems, I firmly believe it should only be
>used for systems which much be portable as well as cellular
>communications to the monitoring station. Of course, cellular
>communications uses a completely different type of wireless. If this
>technology was deployed in security alarm system sensors, they would be
>financially out of reach for consumers. So to those mooks and boneheads
>who like to use cellular phones as a defence for wireless security
>systems... get a grip.

"mooks and boneheads"??  Tom?

>Controlling lighting via wireless is not as bad, but that is only
>because lighting does not tend to be mission critical. So what if a
>little interference stops your lights from being able to be remotely
>turned on. It is not as if you are relying on this function to contact
>the fire department if your house catches on fire, or notify the police
>if you are being broken into.

Again, opinion not related to the product "review".