Re: Who's blog is this ?? --- Security related

On Jun 22, 9:07=A0am, Jim <alarmi...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Jun 20, 10:02=A0am, tourman <robercampb...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 Go
 X-10

> > > Hmmmmm
>
> > > Where were YOU when this was being written?
>
> > RHC: =A0Wasn't me....honest injin....I'm innocent as the day is
> > long......
>
> Well, leave it to you to be vague.
>
> As of yesterday June 21, the days begin to get shorter.
>
> > Can't say I disagree with him though on a lot of what he says, even
> > though he hasn't backed anything up except for his personal
> > opinions....-
>
> Occasionally I think about starting a blog but I know it would consume
> too much of my time. I can't stand being wrong so I'd spend all my
> time doing research just so someone couldn't say that about me.
>
> It's such a burden being right all the time. (Sigh!)

RHC: Vague ? I dont comment further because I can't back up what I say
as fact, since I have no experience with these types of alarms.  As
far as feelings go, just like Nick, I don't like the all - in - one
systems, or for that matter, the new technologies that can't decide
whether they want to be a mediocre home automation system or a
mediocre alarm system ! I can give clients largely the same things
using conventional professional quality alarm systems (albeit with
expensive add ons..)  As it is,  I give my clients top notch physical
and electronic security - period ! If they are attracted to these new
breeds of "whoopy shit" systems, that's their choice. As far as I can
see, these are largely the domain of the "contract monkeys",  and
clients like this I am not targeted towards (even though many of my
clients work in high tech)

And...yeah...blogs are like the social media sites. I don't care what
people had for breakfast, or when they had their last bowel movement,
so I choose not to participate. Nor do I think I am missing much.
Besides, no one wants to know what my last USPSA / IPSCscores were, or
where I went on my motorcycle, so what's the use...

Call me "old school" and you'd be correct....