Re: Who's blog is this ?? --- Security related

On Jun 19, 12:18=A0pm, G. Morgan <G_Mor...@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> G. Morgan Wrote:
>
> >http://homesecurityalarminfo.blogspot.com/2011/01/2gig-technologies-g...
>
> >Wednesday, January 5, 2011
> >2GIG Technologies Go Control Wireless tries to look high tech
> >I just stumbled across an article about someone (Who will remain
> >unnamed) within the security alarm industry and his move over to 2gig
> >technologies.
>
> Personal attack.
>
> >This prompted me to do a little research on the company.
> >It seems the gang over at APX are using it so it must be crap... or at
> >least cheap.
>
> Company attack.

True, one of the interesting side effects about APX is they end up
being beta testers since it is a new panel. Turns out there wasn't any
big problems with the panel design.

> >Cheap does not always mean bad so I looked a little further. Well, first
> >of all, the security alarm portion of the 2Gig Go Control system is
> >completely wireless.
>
> Yes, but there's more to the story. =A0Hardwired zone modules can be
> incorporated then re-sent over a wireless transceiver. =A0The modules hav=
> 8 zones a piece.

I hate the Superswitch, having a module rely on the old panel for
power is dumb. Use a Resolution Products module instead,

> >Not good touchscreen or not.
>
> What?

That feature alone is worth the price, they laid it out well and
customer love it

> >Looking a little further, 2Gig is touting the 2 gig technologies Go
> >Control as a complete home automation system stating "Make any home a
> >smart home." I will be the first to admit smart home technology is
> >highly overpriced for what it is. The thing is, cheap Home Automation
> >"Solutions" such as the 2Gig Go Control bring back nightmares of X-10
> >and what they were trying to do.
>
> It uses Z-Wave, not X-10, for automation devices.

It's obvious they didn't test the Z-Wave feature

> >So what is the 2Gig Go Control you ask. Well, from initial review, I see
> >it as nothing more than a souped up DSC Alexor, GE Simon, Paradox
> >Magellan, Alarmforce, Honeywell Lynx, Snif or any of the other wireless
> >wannabe security alarm system pieces of trash.

None of those come close to it (my opinion)

> This is the entire technical review of the system?

Wait it was supposed to be technical? :)

> > I will continue to stick to hardwired
> >security alarm systems as well as automation systems. When it comes to
> >wireless and security alarm systems, I firmly believe it should only be
> >used for systems which much be portable as well as cellular
> >communications to the monitoring station. Of course, cellular
> >communications uses a completely different type of wireless. If this
> >technology was deployed in security alarm system sensors, they would be
> >financially out of reach for consumers. So to those mooks and boneheads
> >who like to use cellular phones as a defence for wireless security
> >systems... get a grip.
>
> "mooks and boneheads"?? =A0Tom?

Sticking with a standard hardwired system is fine and I agree with
them for many installations but find me an inexpensive hardwired
system from any major manufacturer with a touch-screen. I wish someone
did.