Re: Who's blog is this ?? --- Security related

On Jun 22, 9:53=A0am, G. Morgan <G_Mor...@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> tourman Wrote:

> >> Yeah, his heart is in the right place maybe. I was just looking for
> >> product reviews for the 2Gig systems, didn't expect a non-review.
>
> >> I'm tempted to use them or the new Lynx Touch for renters. The 2Gig ha=
> >> a GSM communicator built-in, so even if it's knocked off the wall it's
> >> still communicating (hopefully).

> >> I thought it was someone here at first, but that one does not share th=
> >> same opinion on "all-in-ones".
>
> >RHC: Even though they don't fit in my "target market", I have heard
> >some good things about the 2Gig panel. One large national company up
> >here (Protectron) has taken them on as a line and they sell very well
> >apparently.
>
> Thanks, that's more helpful than the 'review' !
>
> > However, they are still another totally wireless option
> >with emphasis on neither home automation or security, so I would be
> >naturally suspicious (or at least very cautious)
>
> They also have a hardwired transceiver to grab 8 zones from the original
> panel (on a takeover).
>
> >I had planned a meeting with their Product Manager up here, but it got
> >cancelled due to my trip south. I just never followed up with him. A
> >third line of panels is just one more I have to support in my
> >business, and my gut tells me that is one too many...
>
> I emailed them and a rep said they would be in touch shortly. =A0That was
> about a month ago.

You won't be disappointed, my only complaint about the panel is it
uses a hard to find 14VDC transformer instead of the standard 9 or
16VAC. Then again Honeywell is going the DC route as well with the
Touch

The original panel was OEM'd by Linear, normally I am not a big fan
but they didn't design it, the wireless sensors are okay but I'd
rather use Honeywell stuff with it.

The funny part is the background info, the founders are from
Honeywell, the engineer Scott Simon is the son of the founder of FBII
and is partner was one of Honeywell's biggest salespeople Lance Dean.
When they started the company nobody thought they could design, create
and release a panel like that in a year. When they did a LOT of
dealers switched over to it and the other manufacturers freaked which
is why you are starting to see more touchscreens out there.