Re: Replacing Radionics with Vista 20P

On 1/21/2011 12:26 PM, RockyTSquirrel wrote:
> Jim wouldn't the 4 conductor return as Joe was saying be the same as a
> class A so long as the resistor was in the cabinet of the control?
> (just asking)
>
> RTS

Not really.  With one break in the line, a class A circuit would still
be able to get an alarm signal from any detector on circuit.  The EOL in
the can will still result in losing any devices past the break.

It's just that we used to prewire complete circuits with four conductor
just in case something happened to our wire.