Re: Replacing Radionics with Vista 20P

Jim  wouldn't  the 4 conductor  return as Joe was saying  be the same as a
class A  so long as the resistor  was in the cabinet of the control?
(just asking)

RTS

"Jim Rojas"  wrote in message news:7Mh_o.13$be.3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Christopher Glaeser wrote:
> I found the EOLRs.  There is a small faceplate below the old Radionics,
> so I opened it and found a rats nest where all the wires come together.
> As best I can tell, the zones with multiple sensors are wired in
> parallel just below the panel, and the 1K EOLR is also added just below
> the panel. Doesn't this defeat the purpose of an EOLR? Isn't this really
> just a BOLR? Also, if an EOLR is at the panel for a fire zone, is this
> to CA code?
>
> Best,
> Christopher

The EOL for a smoke alarm must be at the last device.

If you are using 2 wire smokes, you can use 2 wires, then EOL at last
smoke. All smokes must be daisy chained for proper supervision...

2 Wire Smokes

Fire Zone + ---> + in       + out ---> + in
                  + out ---> + in       + out ---> EOL
Fire Zone - ---> - neg ---> - neg ---> - neg ---> EOL

If you are using 4 wire smokes, the same is true with the addition of
using a power supervision relay at the end of line. With 4 wire smokes,
do not twist wires together, even though the are going on the same
terminal. This provides better supervision against tampering.

4 Wire Smokes

Fire Zone - ---> NO ---> NO ---> Relay Closed Contacts ---> EOL
Power +     ---> +  ---> +  ---> Relay coil
Power -     ---> -  ---> -  ---> Relay coil

Jim Rojas
Technical Manuals Online!
http://www.tech-man.com
8002 Cornwall Lane