Replace 6160RF with 5883H error code 100

I am replacing the 6160RF transceiver functionality with a 5883H.  I
disabled the 6160RF receiver and transmitter, and added the 5883H.  An error
code "CHECK 100 RF RECEIVER" is generated.  I tried setting the 5883H dip
switches to a different set of transmit and recieve addresses and cycled
power, but that did not resolve the problem.  Suggestions?

Best,
Christopher