Re: need recommendation please

Frank Kurz <tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> A good quality DVR is going to set you back
>at least $2K (and this will provide you the alarm outputs you might also
>like to have when the cameras sense motion).  Outdoor dome cameras can
>run you anywhere from $700 to $1200 (depending on the configuration).

Good Lord, I'm glad I'm not buying stuff from your guy. :)

You spec.'ed a commercial grade solution.  He can get away with a $400 decent
DVR (only needs 3+1 channels), some nice weather-proof dome cams @ $175 ea., and
the illuminators....  that's where he's screwed.  I never understood why those
damn things cost so much.

I'd go with good night-time lighting, maybe even just motion activated flood
lights.