Re: Customer had to close shop can not get employees

"Frank Kurz" <tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> On 22/02/2011 12:57 PM, petem001@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
>> "Bill" a écrit dans le message de groupe de discussion :
>> 8sidclFgb0U1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>
>> "nick markowitz" wrote in message
>>> One of my long time customers had to close one of there locations
>>> because they could not get
>>> a dependable employee despite several weeks try in a community that
>>> has 24% unemployment.
>>> yet everyone is complaining they can not find work go figure.
>>>

>> My neighbor lost his job and his family was running out of food. I
>> found a place in town where you could do volunteer work for a few
>> hours a week and in return get free food...
>>
>> I told my neighbor about this. He said: "I'm NOT going to work for
>> it!"
>>
>> Then there is the guy I had helping me pour a pad of concrete for my
>> back door... He had the concrete sloping TOWARD the door! I had to
>> *argue* with him that it needs to slope away from the door so when it
>> rains, the water will run into the yard rather then go into the house.
>> He got pissed off and said "OK, do it your way"!

>> We find bad workmanship every where..
>>
>> even this weekend, after I went to the hospital to see my daughter
>> (she's fine, she gave birth to my grand-son of friday night ;-)
>>
>> so comming back from the hospital we stop at a grill and sea food
>> restaurant.
>> Well I ordered a large 20 onces Steak rare of course, It came in
>> medium.. Shit I was pissed off, and I never return a plate in a
>> restaurent, you never what could have been done to your meal..
>>
>> But the worst part, I especialy asked the wattress when I ordered if I
>> should ask the steak to be Blue (almost not cook) to be sure its at
>> least rare.. she told me not to worry..
>>
>> when I spoke to the manager about this, he simply left his shoulder and
>> said: Its life!!
>>
>> Thats the last fucking time that this restaurent will see my money.
>>

> The important question is:  "Did you tip?"  :-)

Absolutely.  Tip a penny.  It may not be the waitress' fault, but the wait
staff is supposed to be the one communicating with you accurately.  A few
more penny tips and that person will look for another restaurant to work
for.  Quality wait staff make the vast majority of their wages on tips.