Re: Direct sales of equipment from out of the country

On Dec 16, 1:17=A0pm, "Bill" <billnomailnosp...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> "Jim" <alarmi...@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
>
> >Anyway, the customer said that he hadn't had
> > need to call the guy back since it was installed but wanted to know
> > if
> > I could change some of the perameters on the DVR. Long story short,
> > there wasn't a single part number, serial number, bar code, brand
> > name ...... nothing..... on the DVR to identify it.
>
> That's the problem I have encountered with things made in China. No
> way to find technical documentation and if you can find the
> manufacturer's web site, there are no support documents there.
>
> And this is just a thing with China specifically. Manufacturers in
> other foreign countries do provide technical and customer support.
>
> And if something manufactured in China has a software or hardware
> "bug", they don't want to hear about it. They could care less about
> fixing anything so it works properly. All they care about is sales.
>
> Manufacturers in other countries work toward long term customer
> satisfaction and quality products.
>
> Basically anymore before buying anything electronic with an unknown
> brand, I look for the manufacturer's web site. Look for technical
> documentation. Look for software updates on that web site, etc. And I
> want to download a copy of the instruction manual BEFORE buying!
>
> For example look at this web site...http://www.vedard.com
>
> As opposed to this web site...http://www.visonic.com

In the last few years I've been doing the same thing with regard to
Installation instructions on new products. This way if I have
questions I can call tech support before I'm sitting on the job, on
hold for a half hour. Some things that appear as if they should go in
like a breeze ...... don't ........... and there's no sense having to
go through a learning curve, on the job with the customer looking over
your shoulder.

After all ..... I AM supposed to be the expert ..... isn't I ?