Re: Direct sales of equipment from out of the country

>Anyway, the customer said that he hadn't had
> need to call the guy back since it was installed but wanted to know
> if
> I could change some of the perameters on the DVR. Long story short,
> there wasn't a single part number, serial number, bar code, brand
> name ...... nothing..... on the DVR to identify it.

That's the problem I have encountered with things made in China. No
way to find technical documentation and if you can find the
manufacturer's web site, there are no support documents there.

And this is just a thing with China specifically. Manufacturers in
other foreign countries do provide technical and customer support.

And if something manufactured in China has a software or hardware
"bug", they don't want to hear about it. They could care less about
fixing anything so it works properly. All they care about is sales.

Manufacturers in other countries work toward long term customer
satisfaction and quality products.

Basically anymore before buying anything electronic with an unknown
brand, I look for the manufacturer's web site. Look for technical
documentation. Look for software updates on that web site, etc. And I
want to download a copy of the instruction manual BEFORE buying!

For example look at this web site...
http://www.vedard.com

As opposed to this web site...
http://www.visonic.com