Re: One of those strange phone calls

news:201ffe34-e14d-4c49-8cb1-b03a53a6f1fa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> On Dec 1, 12:26 pm, "Bob La Londe" <onebike...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Some people throw the word friend around loosely.  A friend is the guy
>> who
>> rolls out of bed in the middle of the night to help you out when you did
>> something stupid.  I've done a lot of stupid things, but I only have a
>> few
>> friends.  LOL.
>>
>> Lots of buddies and friendly acquaintances though.
>>
>> I can count my "friends" on one hand.  If you can't you needed a better
>> teacher in kinder garden.-
>
> Same here.
>
> I don't use up all the fingers ..... so I guess that means that Sister
> Regina in kindergarten had some influence on me. In "real life" I say
> please and thank you. I clean up my mess. Say I'm sorry if I
> unintentionally hurt someone. (I've "hurt" number of people that I'm
> not sorry about though) Some of the other things in Robert Fulghum's
> book I fall short on, but for the most part I seem to do better than
> each of the generations that follow me. Although there is one thing he
> suggested that I've never done and it just may be sneaking up on me in
> a few years. He suggest that you "Take a nap every afternoon."  .....
> We'll see how that goes.

Would that be the same asshole who said in his book,

"Always have a friend who owns a pickup truck."

and several pages later said,

"Never own a pickup truck."

I liked his poem about kindergarden, but I found several things in his book
that said he was a selfish self centered asshole.  That one stuck with me.