Re: One of those strange phone calls

news:4eb13109-407b-405a-8717-bee806c5291e@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> On Nov 30, 8:22 pm, "Bill" <billnomailnosp...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> "Bob La Londe" <n...@xxxxxxxx> wrote in
>> messagenews:JjABq.2252$cN1.1992@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>

>> > "tourman" <robercampb...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

>> > I am glad you see that. When I first started to read this I had a
>> > flashback to listening to an acquaintance rationalize the behavior
>> > of him and his church for shunning a young woman for having a child
>> > out of wedlock. I'm not kidding. This was contemporary relatively.
>> > I think it was in the early 1990s. She claimed she had been raped,
>> > but they shunned her anyway. Turns out it was true, and the church
>> > stopped shunning her. His rationalization was that he thought it
>> > made her stronger. I could tell even he struggled with that one.
>>
>> > Social stigma by a jury of the general public running on gut
>> > feelings and incomplete information might just have its risks
>> > dontcha think.
>>
>> Hopefully she learned that those people and those like them are not
>> her friends.
>>
>> A friend is someone who knows all about you and still likes you!-
>
> Some people have a lot of friends and some don't.
>
> Do those who have a lot of friends lie alot or just live a boring life?

Some people throw the word friend around loosely.  A friend is the guy who
rolls out of bed in the middle of the night to help you out when you did
something stupid.  I've done a lot of stupid things, but I only have a few
friends.  LOL.

Lots of buddies and friendly acquaintances though.

I can count my "friends" on one hand.  If you can't you needed a better
teacher in kinder garden.