Re: MMJ Stranded

"Bob La Londe" <onebikenut@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:jb8ebk$av2$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> I need a couple MMJ (and probably a couple spares in case I screw one up)
> connectors for stranded wire.  I can use flat or round wire insert for
> this application.
>
> None of my old sources seem to have them, and my last couple orders from
> Digi-Key got "lost".
>
> I'll gladly pay for them and a flat rate envelope if you can get them in
> the mail today.  I do PayPal.
>
> email me at:
> alarm (underscore) wizard (at) hotmail (dot) com
>
> I thought I had some but they didn't work.  When I put my reading glasses
> on to actually look at them I realized they were for solid wire.  Oops.

For those who don't know.  MMJ is an offset locking tab modular connector
that looks similar to an RJ-12 phone cord plug.  It has 6 pins.  Stranded
type
pins puncture the connectors through the center, and solid type pins skin
the
insulation off the sides.  If you have good eyes or good reading glasses and
plastic isn't to fogged and scratched from riding around in a box in your
truck you can see the difference through the plastic.