Re: Motion Sensors for HOT warehouses

On Aug 10, 3:36=A0pm, "ABLE1" <royboynos...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> "Jim" <alarmi...@xxxxxxx> wrote in message

> On Aug 5, 12:21 pm, Miami Lakes Perfumes
>
> <miamilakesperfu...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I have a warehouse in Miami, FL, and am looking for a quality motion
> > sensor. Keep in mind, in the summer, it gets to be EXTREMELY hot
> > (over 100 degrees). Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated/.
> > I think that Sentrol ( Now UTC ) used to make a high temp motion
> > detector, but you'd have to check with them now.
>
> Actually that would be Cold Temp Motion. =A0The 6160CT is primary for a c=
old
> environment.
> Never heard of a High Temp??

Hmmm ..... you're probably right. I do remember having to use the cold
temp unit in a food cooler once, a long time ago but I thought I
remembered them (or someone) advertising a high temp unit ......
someplace. Maybe Visonic (?) Too long ago to remember accurately.

If you think about it ..... the detector would actually have to
compare the movement of a cooler object against a hot background. I
can imagine a dual element detector .... one element working normally
and the other element using inverse logic to detect movement. Not a
product that there would be that much call for. You could call it an
Infradark detector.