Re: Motion Sensors for HOT warehouses

On Aug 5, 12:21=A0pm, Miami Lakes Perfumes
<miamilakesperfu...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have a warehouse in Miami, FL, and am looking for a quality motion
> sensor. =A0Keep in mind, in the summer, it gets to be EXTREMELY hot
> (over 100 degrees). =A0Any recomendations would be greatly appreciated/.

If using microwave detection only, you must consider if there are
large metal objects within the warehouse. Microwaves bounce off of
metal surfaces and can cause random false alarms. On the other hand,
microwaves can penetrate non metal objects and sense motion of larger
than human objects at many times the rated distance of the motion
detector. That is ... through wooden/sheetrock walls and windows.

If using photo beams, you must determine that the areas through which
the beams travel will remain clear during the times the system is
armed. This shortcoming could also cause difficulty in arming the
system if, for instance, items are left in asles overnight. This could
be cause for bypassing zones on a regular basis by unconcerned
employees, rather than clearing the asles before leaving at night. If
single beam detectors are used, they can be avoided much easier than
motion detectors, by people who are familiar with the warehouse, such
as employees. Multi beam photo electric beams would be recommended for
the best chance of detection and the lowest chance of circumvention.

I think that Sentrol ( Now UTC ) used to make a high temp motion
detector, but you'd have to check with them now.