Re: PC Monitoring

"G. Morgan" <usenet_abuse@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:6185r6tmrbrfq5p60dkqdnocqo0e8b1o0o@xxxxxxxxxx
> G. Morgan Wrote:

Thanks, I found the Alarmsoft page, and a couple others that seem to sell
the exact same product.

> But I can't see why this post he replied to, coupled with 1000's of
> others by myself could possibly prove I'm in the trade.  That's just
> preposterous!  Posting thousands of on-topic messages proves nothing.
> Nothing!
>
> It's best to get a $16 D.B.A. and free BBB listing to prove you're in
> the trade.
>
> It's better than buying a membership to prove your mettle, (beginning at
> $500) from an agency that cares so much for small dealers.

I don't recall that thread, but I don't care much for the associations.  I'm
not sure really how it benefits the small dealers to be a member.  By taking
my time and shopping insurance I get better coverage (in my opinion - and
I'm not going to be dragged into debate about it) at a better rate than the
association affiliated carriers offer.  I don't get any discounts on
product.  The interests of larger players in the market are represented over
the smaller players, and I get the privilege of paying them to do that.

I do have a DBA.  In fact a couple of them registered with the state.  One
is the same one on my licenses.  The BBB sucks.  I had one negative in 17
years as a contractor, but because I won't pay them off I get a B rating.  A
business I was ripped off by in LA who has hundreds of complaints, was able
to get them all listed as resolved even though they were not, and I and
several others provided proof (and even filed criminal fraud complaints
against) goes from F to A+ in a couple months.

Anyway, somebody told me Suregard was working on a receiver card at one
point, and I found one from Napco  also.  Not their IP reporting software
but an actual receiver card.  They also appear to offer it in a
preconfigured PC as well as a card you can throw in your own PC.