Re: PC Monitoring

G. Morgan Wrote:

>Bob La Londe Wrote:
>
>>There used to be a card around that you just plugged into your average PC
>>and it worked like a full on receiver and mini management center.  If I
>>recall it was very modestly priced, but was limited by number of accounts
>>and only would accept CID.  Anybody know who's product that was and if they
>>are still around?
>>

>Looks like it... http://www.alarmsoft.com/MCDI-AlarmSoft.html

But what would I know?  It's not like I'm a security professional and
have ever seen or operated one.  Oh, wait...

Here is a question I had when I started to learn the Alarmsoft software.
I had always been a field tech for the 10 years before this post, not
some recluse in a CS all day <glances at mleuck>.  In case you want to
mock me like the replier did.

The reply was from Mike Simpson, circa 2002.  Who's currently M.IA. (If
he is found, please return him).  That's the only reply I got, I didn't
get an email from all these lurking *regulars* popping up all of a
sudden.

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.security.alarms/msg/7fd4097339248a0b?hl=en&dmode=source&output=gplain

He's still a *regular* though!  Make no mistake.  I heard he was lurking
and replying by email to help everyone he can, good enough for me.

But I can't see why this post he replied to, coupled with 1000's of
others by myself could possibly prove I'm in the trade.  That's just
preposterous!  Posting thousands of on-topic messages proves nothing.
Nothing!

It's best to get a $16 D.B.A. and free BBB listing to prove you're in
the trade.

It's better than buying a membership to prove your mettle, (beginning at
$500) from an agency that cares so much for small dealers.

* <clmauug73s9km42e7h9oa4488e9c3v272u@xxxxxxx> (the OP, me) was using
XNA at the time.  The original can't be found, or is no longer available
anywhere (even on Howard Knight's site).