Re: Megapixel vs TVL

"proguard" <sp.kintzonides@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:266c19dd-4a7c-4ee0-961c-89f1acdbed16@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Is there any comparison table to compare megapixels with tv lines?
> i.e. how much tv lines are a 2 megapixel camera etc. I know they are 2
> different technologies but i' m wondering if we can compare them in
> that way.
>
> tks, Spyros

The only easy comparison is the price tag.

Think of this way.  The same view on both.

 This is maximum TV Lines
___
[__]

This is 2 Megapixel

The size may be off a bit but you should get the idea.

Rather than TV lines look at it from resolution.

Not sure about the exact numbers but something like.

760 x 420 vs.  1620 x 1240

Hope that helps.

Les