Re: Seeking input

"mleuck" <m.leuck@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:0e941d54-80c7-4356-b4c3-c9a2b99840e9@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Sep 14, 9:19 pm, "Russell Brill" <russwbr...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> "ABLE1" <royboynos...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> > Hello all,
>
> > I have a customer that has a 16 zone hardwired system and wants to
> > upgrade.
>
> > That is not the problem. In his upgrade he want a system that is "Web
> > Based" so he can control on line.
>
> > "Web Based" is his term. His primary goal is to have the ability to arm
> > and disarm the system and secondary to bypass, change codes, basically
> > all
> > the things you can from the keypad.
>
> > I have just started my investigation so I was wondering what input I can
> > pick up from here.
>
> > Thanks much for all the input I am about to receive.
>
> > Les
>
> I'm not trying to be a jerk, but the industry has enough False Alarms
> caused
> by people onsite in front of their keypads, not to mention all of these
> "Gadget People" that want to fart around with their alarms over the
> internet... Sounds like more crap that's going to cause more problems... I
> lock my house up and turn the alarm on before I leave the Freaking
> house...
> I guess I'm just too old and set in my ways for my own good...........

> You obviously haven't checked out Alarm.com...

So I checked out Alarm.com yesterday.  So far I am not impressed with their
customer service.

I called their 877 number.  Went thru the auto-attendant stuff and selected
"New Dealer Information".  The phone rang for about 8 rings the a recording
saying leave a message and we will get back to you with no other choices, I
hung up.  I called back in about 10 minutes and did it again same results.
So I thought, I wonder if they respond any different if I chose the New
Customer choice.  This time I get on hold with a reminder that I can leave a
message and get a call back.  I stayed on hold for 5 minutes.  Hung up.

So I am thinking that these people are not interested in "new" business, or
they are just VERY BUSY.  I call back an went into the Tech Support for
General questions and since I did not have a Dealer number to enter I got
into an endless loop that could not be escaped from unless I hung up.

Called back again and this time pressed ZERO.  Got the operator, made my
request and ended up in the same thing again.

Called back and pressed Zero again and asked some questions of the operator
who said that I should leave a message and I will get a call back 7pm or
first thing in the morning.  Well it is now 10am and I am still waiting.

So is this normal for Alarm.com??  And does it get better once you become a
dealer??

Inquiring minds want to know.

Thanks,

Les