Re: Help with adding two window sensors to ADT alarm.

On 29/10/2010 6:15 AM, tourman wrote:
> On Oct 29, 1:16 am, mleuck<m.le...@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
>> On Oct 28, 9:56 pm, "Russell Brill"<russwbr...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
>>

>>> "Jim Rojas"<jro...@xxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote in message

>>> Jim,
>>
>>> ADT okay a DIY add on??????????? HAVE YOU BEEN DRINKING????????????????????
>>> Don't hold your breath :-))
>>
>> No company would
>
> RHC: You're absolutely right Mark. Why would any company help a
> customer mess with his professionally installed system. I can think of
> a few reasons...liability, decrease in service revenues, possibility
> of mistakes. Besides, he' d be lucky to find anyone in authority to
> talk to in ADT if he did call in.
>
> Even ADT aren't that stupid.....

 From what I've been given to understand of the US market, the "dealers"
ADT sends out on some of their installs employ people that are as far
from being "professional installers" as certain agencies in Vancouver
are from being "professional Verifiers".  I do agree that a system under
contract must only be altered by the company that installed it (or its
designated agent).  It protects both the end user and the integrity of
the system.

--
Frank Kurz
www.firetechs.net