DSL question

Hey all...
Long time since I've been here...hope all is well...too bad about
Bass.

Anyway, I've never had a problem with DSL before or have even had to
use a DSL filter so I'm not sure what the symptoms are (other than
FC).

Here's the deal, Vista 10SE communicating fine until Qwest installed
AND MESSED with inside wiring. We were tapped into the nearest telco
outlet in an office (don't ask it was an ADT that we took over)
anyway...it was working fine and had line siezure until they (Qwest)
screwed with it. That outlet has DSL filter hanging out of it but we
are tapped in ahead of it...but we have dial tone and we can break
dialtone with a but set at our wires there. TWENTY feet away at the
other end of our wire we have only faint static ? Thats it.  I didnt
have a DSL filter with me so I couldnt try it.

Any ideas?

(our wire is not shorted)

TNX,
Rob