Re: Garage Door Opener keypad recommendations

On Nov 22, 12:10=A0am, George <no.geodosch.s...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sun, 21 Nov 2010 13:40:04 -0800, Jim thoughfully wrote:
> >> It seems some thieves have gotten into the habit of using sledges or
> >> some such to break the rollers off the bottom panels of the doors and
> >> folding said panels up out of the way thus gaining access.
>
> >> At least that's the way it was explained to me.-
>
> > Here, on some commercial buildings, they punch in the lower sections of
> > the door with the bumper of a vehicle. That's why, in higher security
> > requirement jobs, I always suggest a Photo electric eye across the
> > overhead door. In some cases on commercial jobs and sometimes
> > residential jobs, if the interior environment will allow it, I'll put i=
> > a dual tech motion detector. Sentrol (or whatever they're called now)
> > has an excellent dualtech with controlled range adjustment so that if
> > the door is metal it wont pick up the microwave bounce or will it
> > penetrate a fiberglass or wooden door .... elemiating false trips.
>
> I'm going to look into that dual tech motion detector. =A0There's an
> outdoor PIR in the garage, but it has a history of falses, the cause of
> which I've never been able to determine.-

It's the Sentrol AR435. and there's another one with a longer range.
I think Sentrol was taken over by GE, so I don't know if you cant
still see them under the Sentrol name or not.

It's a real stable dual technology motion detector. Just keep in mind
that you can't use two or more of them within the vicinity of each
other. It's the only dual tech that I know of that you can control the
actual range that the microwave will detect motion.