Re: DSC random expansion trouble

On Nov 10, 3:10=A0pm, "Petem" <petem...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

--=AD-------------------------------------

> What did I do to deserve that ???? ;-)))

Well, you mentioned him ..... so I thought maybe you missed him.

> Speaking of RF and alarm..
>
> My neighbourg panel is trigering when I transmit on HF frequency, it didn=
> used to do this but he say that its since I change my antenna and its my
> problem ;-))(the antenna was not change but cleaned..

Cleaner electrons travel faster than dirty ones.

> He have an old Napco ma1008 installed in 1993.. Its allways zone 5 that
> trigger (basement IR) made some test and the panel wont even show an open
> zone if disamer and I transmit.
> But will react very fast as soon the panel is armed. The IR is not at fau=
lt
> cause there is no trigering by the IR (light stay off when transmitting)
> unless its the relay in it.. just think of it.. its an old apollo IR..
>
> Anyone seen something like that? and if I am right the panel should show =
> zone open status even if disarm or it take a delay and the RF interferenc=
> is not stable enough to make it show on the keypad???

Here's a couple of suggestions. Move the PIR to another zone to see if
the problem moves to the new zone. It just may cure the problem just
by doing that.  ..... If the problem moves to the new zone then you
know it's the PIR and then you can just change that device. If the
problem doesn't move, then you can try putting a .01 microfarad
capacitor between the positive leg of the loop and ground. Or, as
Rocky suggested use a toroid donut on the loop. Or, you could make
your antenna dirty again. It may slow down the electrons.

> If the panel need to be change what panel do you think should be used?

If you want to stick with Napco, I use the Gemini 1632 now for all my
smaller installations. Napco has smaller panels but I don't use them
much.  The only thing is, if you don't have the Napco downloader
program and you aren't familiar with programing the Napco panels,
keypad programming can have a long learning curve. You might want to
replace the 1008 with one of the easier to program plastic DSC toys,
that I think are popular in your area.