Re: DSC random expansion trouble

run the loop wires through a toroid  donut  a couple of times,  that will
drop out small amounts of RF..
or,  insert a RF filter coil  in series with the loop..

DC should pass unaltered,  but the ac/rf  will be  removed..

"Petem"  wrote in message

"Jim"  a écrit dans le message de groupe de discussion :
2d6a988c-e40a-4d0b-acd6-b8cf7e25521b@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On Nov 9, 10:02 am, <petem...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> "Petem"  a écrit dans le message de groupe de discussion :
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------­-------------------------------------
>
> One other thing.. Can you see if you have an Ham radio operator close to
> the
> site?
>
> Had strange case like that where some panel would react strangly and it
> was
> caused by RF interference, but dont talk about it too much, we could
> trigger
> back our friend from belgium.

Now that  you mention it, I think I'll look him up and see if he wants
to say anything to you about this.

What did I do to deserve that ???? ;-)))

Speaking of RF and alarm..

My neighbourg panel is trigering when I transmit on HF frequency, it didnt
used to do this but he say that its since I change my antenna and its my
problem ;-))(the antenna was not change but cleaned..

He have an old Napco ma1008 installed in 1993.. Its allways zone 5 that
trigger (basement IR) made some test and the panel wont even show an open
zone if disamer and I transmit.
But will react very fast as soon the panel is armed. The IR is not at fault
cause there is no trigering by the IR (light stay off when transmitting)
unless its the relay in it.. just think of it.. its an old apollo IR..

Anyone seen something like that? and if I am right the panel should show a
zone open status even if disarm or it take a delay and the RF interference
is not stable enough to make it show on the keypad???

If the panel need to be change what panel do you think should be used?