Re: Obama one of Greatest Teleprompter Readers of all time!

On 08/11/2010 4:03 AM, JoeRaisin wrote:
> On 11/7/2010 11:35 PM, Frank Kurz wrote:

>>> Exactly. Some Republicans are so bitter that Obama is in the big seat,
>>> they
>>> will float anything remotely that might "fly" as negative. The OP did a
>>> miserable job of making the pres. look like a fool, but quite well at
>>> making
>>> himself the same.
>>>

>> Well... He did screw up the BP disaster. He should change his name to
>> "Robert". Then he could do no wrong. ;-)
>>

> The BP fiasco was no mistake - nobody is THAT incompetent. He had to be
> purposefully trying to make it worse.

I don't think anybody could have anticipated the kind of disaster this
sort of thing posed (not that I'm defending Obama).  In BC, we have one
of the biggest off-shore oil deposits in the world (apparently).  Our
government won't allow drilling.  Ever since the Exxon Valdez they won't
allow single hulled tankers either.  I feel really safe in the knowledge
that double hulled tankers are plying our waters, built by the
contractor with the lowest bid, registered off-shore, maintained by the
cheapest ship repair yard, crewed by drastically underpaid foreign
workers, and captained by individuals that may not possess all the
certifications a Canadian deep water vessel would normally require.
Yep...  really safe and secure.

--
Frank Kurz
www.firetechs.net