Re: Alarm Farce...

tourman <robercampbell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>RHC: Frank, one of my contacts in the locksmith trade used to be a
>"technician" for Alarm Force. His requirement was to install 10
>systems a day, which he did until he could no longer stomach it !
>So you have to ask how much training does the average customer get on
>how his "alarm system" works ?

When I worked for Binky in the late 90's I installed 2 systems a day by myself.
It was hard work, even 3 doors, a motion, and 2 keypads took me about 2 hours
just to wire in a one story with an open attic.

We had a competition between all the Binky branches in August of '97 if I recall
correctly.  Our branch won (Houston - actually 3 branches), and I came in 2nd
overall with 42 installs by myself that month.  For my prize I got a trophy and
a night at Dave & Busters and got to shake the CEO's hand with a picture taken
(whoopee), a little French fella.  I lost the picture and trophy in a move, oh
well.