Re: The ICC ? Who????

On May 5, 1:19=A0pm, Jim <alarmi...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On May 4, 7:36 am, nick markowitz <nmarkow...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > On May 3, 9:14 pm, "Bob La Londe" <nos...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > > "Jim" <alarmi...@xxxxxxx> wrote in message

..

> > > I say, "Sounds like another group of bozos creating a job for themsel=
ves by
> > > promoting themselves as an authority just like the NEC and the NPFA"
>
> > The ICC is the group which tells where fire,Sprinkler and co systems
> > etc are to be used IE homes, apartments etc
>
> > The NFPA and UL etc tell you where and how it is used.
>
> > The ICC has been around for over 15 years where have you been. It is a
> > standard thats been adopted by most states.
> > which allows for one uniform code set. we adopted it in Pa about 5 yrs
> > ago and it makes things a hell of a lot more easier instead of dealing
> > with a different code for each town you go into.
> > If you do commercial work better plan to learn it or plan to go out of
> > business. because sooner or later your gonna get tagged on it.-
>
> Hi Nick,
> Well, this is exactly why I DON'T do commercial fire anymore. Over the
> last 15 or more years, the influx of every Political, Union, and self
> appointed special interest entity that decides that THEY are the
> "authority" and have the say over what the public needs "for their own
> good" =A0.......... just about makes me retch. Another "standards"
> proscriber is just what everyone needs. What more justification can
> these self serving AHJ's need, simply to
> rationalize the reason to keep their jobs? When it reaches the point
> that people who want a fire alarm can't get one because they can't
> afford it because they have to "meet code" .......... that's
> ridiculous!
>
> That's as bad as the fishing industy in spite of ever diminishing
> quantities of fish, insisting that they be allowed to continue fishing
> for smaller and smaller fish so they can make a living ...... until
> there are no more fish.
>
> How can this ICC code be "one uniform code set" when every AHJ has the
> authority to impose what ever the hell HE thinks should be "the
> code"? =A0Regardless of which code is "supposed to be followed, they can
> do what ever the hell they want to justify their job. I mean, what
> other job allows you to have the control to make up your own rules and
> regulations that only you can enforce, yet have no knowledge to be
> able to tell you what those requirements are and can negate anything
> that's in the code? Job requirement's: Overweight, wear baseball cap,
> American flag emblem on shirt sleeve, smoke cigar, carry clip board,
> spend afternoons browsing through asiles of Home Depot, only available
> to inadaquately do your job, when you feel like it and then only
> between the hours of 10am and 2pm allowing 2 hours for lunch.
>
> I divorced myself from the bureaucratical bullshit a number of years
> ago when I gladly paid a fine of $400.00 that a self important fire
> [...]
Pa. passed the uniform construction code which follows
The ICC and this has been a very good thing here because it stops ahj
from causing bullshit regulations.
if an ahj  demands above and beyond ICC he must have it approved by
the state .
it also holds ahj accountable  for the first time when they step out
of there boundary.
and i have helped in getting rid of a lot of real shit inspectors and
having them retire.
it also levels the playing field because now everyone has to bid a
similar set up a real fire panel and smokes etc not a burg panel with
sirens for commercial set ups like some ahj allowed. all inspectors
must now be certified thru ICC or they do not inspect.
In the long run it has gotten rid of many of the fuck head AHJ and bad
contractors.
either follow the rules or do not work.
but the problem of bad contractors who got chased from commercial work
went over to residential side and now there required to register with
state.
despite all the hassles of keeping up with codes and regulations I
will take commercial any day over residential.
unfortunately too many residential guys try to come into commercial
and lose there ass because they think they can do what they do in a
home and get there jobs shut down.
They just shut down one of my institutional customers jobs other day
when  drywall contractor they used did not get permits etc  to put up
walls and he caused a false fire alarm and got caught.
The institutional customer knew better and so paid the price.