Re: Meet the new boss / Same as the old boss

On Mar 21, 12:44=A0am, "Robert L Bass" <rob...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> "Jim" wrote:
>
> > Just one more thing. I've made the following realization also.
> > Freedom alone is not sufficent for a nation to thrive and survive.
> > It also takes the intelligence to use it to sustain it's benefits.
>
> True. I'll add to it that along with freedom and intelligence if
> people don't truly love this country, it's going to fail.
>
> Most people love their freedom, love what they get out
> of being Americans but do they love the country? See
> how they vote when the subject is helping other Americans
> less fortunate than themselves, what they do to help
> besides helping themselves. Do they actually care about
> anything beyond what benefits them?
>
> I'm not speaking of anyone in particular but all Americans.
> I love my country and I like to think I'm patriotic. But I
> have to ask myself how much I'm willing to sacrifice to
> make it better.
>
> --
>
> Regards,
> Robert L Bass

Although I do question your beliefs I won't question your patriotism
however

A: People don't always have to make big sacrifices, and in the current
health care debate they don't unless this current bill passes, simple
changes to current laws will go a long way to fixing problems we may
have now not a massive 2700 page bill.

B: Government intervention doesn't make anything better, never has and
never will, all you do is move it to a different forum where decisions
are made based on politics not what is right or economical. Witness
what happened to Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid and Welfare, all
started out as small programs meant to assist a small percentage of
the public and the end result are bloated programs that attempt to
help all, are unsustainable and so large that politicians and the
public are afraid to fix them.

I don't particularly care if anyone here believes me or not, look at
Great Britain, Europe, Canada, Asia or anywhere else without a limited
government and make your own decisions.