Re: Meet the new boss / Same as the old boss

"Jim" wrote:

> Just one more thing. I've made the following realization also.
> Freedom alone is not sufficent for a nation to thrive and survive.
> It also takes the intelligence to use it to sustain it's benefits.

True. I'll add to it that along with freedom and intelligence if
people don't truly love this country, it's going to fail.

Most people love their freedom, love what they get out
of being Americans but do they love the country? See
how they vote when the subject is helping other Americans
less fortunate than themselves, what they do to help
besides helping themselves. Do they actually care about
anything beyond what benefits them?

I'm not speaking of anyone in particular but all Americans.
I love my country and I like to think I'm patriotic. But I
have to ask myself how much I'm willing to sacrifice to
make it better.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass