Re: Meet the new boss / Same as the old boss

"Robert L Bass" <robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>I'm not speaking of anyone in particular but all Americans.
>I love my country and I like to think I'm patriotic. But I
>have to ask myself how much I'm willing to sacrifice to
>make it better.

Funny you say that.  I was outside on the balcony smoking (I know, still have
not quit), when I remembered my tongue-in-cheek statement "they won't take me
alive".  Mark of course had to chime in with "they will" or something.

I got to thinking about what would happen if the $hit hit the fan and I was
called to serve.  I came to the conclusion that I DO love my country and I would
follow in my ancestors footsteps and defend her to the death if necessary.  I
think that's why I'm so pissed about the state of affairs and the slow erosion
of our Constitutional rights.  I am a patriot, if I wasn't, I'd just shut up and
follow the herd like the rest of the sheeple.

I will fight to defend the Constitution, and never obey an order to round up and
capture civilians.  And if it comes down to the military detaining and
imprisoning civilians, as the bill Joe cited allows... and I'm somehow on their
"list", they won't get me alive.... That's a promise.