Re: For Jim Alarminex

"Jim" wrote:

> I don't have a clue how "pop ups" work...

Same here.  A lot of my friends assume I know all kinds of
stuff about how browsers, pop-ups, etc., work.  Truth is I
know how to make a website (though some here might
disagree).  I've no idea how to make a pop-up.  I do know
one thing about them though.  A while back I installed a
free traffic counter on my site and it made pop-ups.  I
think it was Frank who said I had pop-ups.  Knowing I'd
never done that, I stupidly insisted it wasn't so.  Someone
I trusted at the time showed me the truth and I got rid of
the traffic counter.

[Sorry, Frank, for not thanking you at the time and for not
admitting you were right.]

> Same with the "attachments" people send to me...

Yep.  My soon-to-be-ex opens every one of them.  Every so
often she asks me to fix her PC because it's running slow,
her mouse keeps jumping around or some other such thing.

The only exceptions are service providers I work with.
Sometimes they need to send software, drivers, etc.  If I
know the source and am already expecting the file, I'll open
and if necessary execute it.  Otherwise, straight to the
recycle bin.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass