Re: equipment recommendation

"Nathan W. Collier" wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm seeking yet more recommmendations on wireless control panels.  For this
> particluar application I need to install an all wireless control panel with at
> least 6 zones (4 glass break, 2 doors, 2 motion).  I had initially planned on
> using the Simon 3, but there is no home phone at the location so I need a
> panel capable of connecting with the monitoring service via IP (residential
> wireless or ethernet LAN).  Recommendations on equipment as well as the best
> vendor pricing appreciated.

Hi Nathan,

You need one zone per wireless transmitter so start with a minimum 8-zone
system. Is there's any possibility that you'll want to add something else in the
future, such as smoke detectors?  ELK Products makes a powerful IP-compatible
system called the M1G.  I think www.smarthome.com still has it.  Check first
because ELK has declared that they won't warranty systems sold online.  They may
be OK with Smart Home though.  As best I know they're an honest vendor.

Another option is www.NextAlarm.com.  They offer online monitoring and will sell
you the system as well.  I don't have enough information to make a
recommendation for or against them.

In addition to the monitoring via the Internet, have you considered cellular?
That affords a lot more choices for the alarm system itself.  It's also a bit
more secure since there's no line to cut and it doesn't die with your router
during a power outage.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass