Re: Typical Misdirection

On Jun 24, 12:56=A0pm, "Bob La Londe" <nos...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> "ABLE1" <royboynos...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> > Bob,
>
> > No question you need to get there and do some testing of all those thin=
gs
> > that go bump in the night.
>
> > Les
>
> Yeah, no kidding. =A0You know its not the first time that the phone guys =
in
> that area have claimed that the alarm was causing all the customer's
> problems. =A0A couple of them I switched to cellular and guess what. =A0N=
> unusual airtime charges. =A0Imagine that.
>
> > "Bob La Londe" <n...@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
> >> On a site with a Napco P1632 the customer complained of being constant=
ly
> >> disconnected. =A0The CS history all looks normal. =A0The only abnormal=
 was
> >> the panel reporting a restore when the phone service tech reconnected =
the
> >> phone line to the house. =A0The panel reported a phone line restoral..=
. =A0of
> >> course the phone tech happened to have his butt set hooked up and clai=
med
> >> that was a guaranteed demonstration that the panel was causing the
> >> problem.
>
> >> I don't see anything wrong. =A0Is it possible that the panel is seizin=
g the
> >> line and then releasing it without calling out for no reason? =A0Just =
want
> >> to be sure. =A0 I suppose if it had been mis-programmed it could do th=
at,
> >> but not continuously every day, and not as a recent symptom.
>
> >> Its in an outer suburb area that I think is running over a small carri=
er
> >> system. =A0I suppose the phone company might not be providing full vol=
tage
> >> at all times, but then the panel should report when the voltage comes =
up.
> >> Not seize the line and then drop it without reporting. =A0Seems weird =
> >> me.
>
> >> Sounds like a telco problem and they are just trying to blame the
> >> alarmco, but if anybody can think of a possible cause I would sure lik=
> >> to check it out.
>
> >> Of course the phone company guy told the customer he is an expert on
> >> alarm systems.
>
> >> --
> >> The Security Consultant
> >> P.O. Box 5720
> >> Yuma, Az 85366
>
> >> (928) 782-9765 ofc
> >> (928) 782-7873 fax
>
> >> Licensed Communications Contractor
> >> Residential & Commercial since 1994
> >> ROC103044 & ROC103047

RHC: Bob, we still have a major problem with either Bell Canada
technicians or Rogers Cable technicians screwing up the alarm system
when changing from one system to the other. It doesn't surprise me
that don't understand the fine points of alarm systems. Up here, Bell
use subcontractors to do installs and most clearly don't care. Rogers
on the other hand, have taken to charging the technician $40 if the
subscriber calls in complaining about the alarm "beeping".
Unfortunately, the first call is to me, not the Rogers guy, who can
never be traced back.....

Such is life; clearly this problem is not going to go away quickly...