Typical Misdirection

On a site with a Napco P1632 the customer complained of being constantly
disconnected.  The CS history all looks normal.  The only abnormal was the
panel reporting a restore when the phone service tech reconnected the phone
line to the house.  The panel reported a phone line restoral...  of course
the phone tech happened to have his butt set hooked up and claimed that was
a guaranteed demonstration that the panel was causing the problem.

I don't see anything wrong.  Is it possible that the panel is seizing the
line and then releasing it without calling out for no reason?  Just want to
be sure.   I suppose if it had been mis-programmed it could do that, but not
continuously every day, and not as a recent symptom.

Its in an outer suburb area that I think is running over a small carrier
system.  I suppose the phone company might not be providing full voltage at
all times, but then the panel should report when the voltage comes up.  Not
seize the line and then drop it without reporting.  Seems weird to me.

Sounds like a telco problem and they are just trying to blame the alarmco,
but if anybody can think of a possible cause I would sure like to check it
out.

Of course the phone company guy told the customer he is an expert on alarm
systems.

--
The Security Consultant
P.O. Box 5720