Re: Typical Misdirection

On Jun 23, 7:57=A0pm, "Bob La Londe" <n...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On a site with a Napco P1632 the customer complained of being constantly
> disconnected. =A0The CS history all looks normal. =A0The only abnormal wa=
s the
> panel reporting a restore when the phone service tech reconnected the pho=
ne
> line to the house. =A0The panel reported a phone line restoral... =A0of c=
ourse
> the phone tech happened to have his butt set hooked up and claimed that w=
as
> a guaranteed demonstration that the panel was causing the problem.
>
> I don't see anything wrong. =A0Is it possible that the panel is seizing t=
he
> line and then releasing it without calling out for no reason? =A0Just wan=
t to
> be sure. =A0 I suppose if it had been mis-programmed it could do that, bu=
t not
> continuously every day, and not as a recent symptom.
>
> Its in an outer suburb area that I think is running over a small carrier
> system. =A0I suppose the phone company might not be providing full voltag=
e at
> all times, but then the panel should report when the voltage comes up. =
=A0Not
> seize the line and then drop it without reporting. =A0Seems weird to me.
>
> Sounds like a telco problem and they are just trying to blame the alarmco=
,
> but if anybody can think of a possible cause I would sure like to check i=
> out.
>
> Of course the phone company guy told the customer he is an expert on alar=
> systems.
>
> --
> The Security Consultant
> P.O. Box 5720
> Yuma, Az 85366
>
> (928) 782-9765 ofc
> (928) 782-7873 fax
>
> Licensed Communications Contractor
> Residential & Commercial since 1994
> ROC103044 & ROC103047

Hi Bob
I know that out in your area a service call can be an all day affair,
however, I know that when you have the panel set for telephone line
monitor, it will periodically check the line. I'm wondering if,
because of the possible weak telephone line service, that when the
panel checks the line that it might be causing the problem. The only
way you could tell would be to remove line monitoring from the
programing.