Re: Telemarkerters

On Jun 18, 7:37=A0am, "ABLE1" <royboynos...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Are you aware that there is a Federal Do not call list that you can
> add all your telephone numbers to? ( including cell phones) =A0If you
> are on that list and someone that =A0you've never done business with
> calls you, soliciting something, if you can get their Company name,
> and telephone number, you can report them and supposedly they can be
> fined $5000.00.
>
> Telemarketing companys are supposed to reference the list before
> calling anyone.
>
> Just Google Federal Do Not Call List and you can register all your
> telphone numbers.
>
> I have reported a few who have called me in recent years. I don't know
> if they were fined or not. But the calls have all but stopped compared
> to what I used to get.
>
> I have all my numbers on the DNCL. =A0The problem is finding out who they=
 are
> when they won't answer a direct question and they spoof their CID. =A0 Ma=
jor
> PITA!!!
>
> Something that is beginning to happen however is ads via cell phone
> texting. I'm not sure if the Do Not Call law controls that or not but
> I'm noticing that I'm starting to get them now.

I got one mortgage company pretty good. They called me with a recorded
message and left a telephone number to call if I was interested. I
called the number and left my telephone number. When they called back,
I acted as if I was interested in refinancing, got the name and
address of the company out of the literature they sent me, reported
them to the DNCL then called them back and told them what I had done
and hoped that they got the shit fined out of them. They asked me why
I just didn't ask them to be taken off their list and I told them
because of the sneaky tactics they used in trying to get around the
DNC rules and for being too lazy by not using the DNCL. Ya know what?
They said that they weren't even aware that there was such a thing as
the DNCL. Imagine that! Afterwards I was glad I did what I did. I
didn't believe them because they would not give me the name of their
company over the telephone and when I pressed them they gave me a
name. But when I got the literature and forms to fill out for a loan,
it was a completely different name.