Bosch Panel dilaing

Hello all,

A friend of mine (another dealer) was having a problem today with a Bosch
panel FPD7024.  When he connect to the phone lines and tried to communicate
a automated voice would come on the line saying

"You must dial a 1 before the area code to complete this call".

So he checked and the 1 was there before the 888.  It was dialing pulse so
he changed to touch tone same thing.  These are new dedicated phone lines
just for the fire panels in a apartment building.  He tried both lines and
the same thing.

He then programmed in a 3 second delay after the 1 and before the 888 no
change.

I told him to try and use one of my receivers on a 800 number and the same
thing.  He then tried a tenant's number and it worked as it should.

He then tried to dial the 888 with his butt set and it worked ok.

While running out of solutions I suggested he program a 11888 into the
panel.

He did this and signals went thru without any problem.

Anyone ever experience this before and what would be the cause??

Does anyone know if the planets and stars are aligned with bad mojo or
something??

Weird day.

Later,

Les