Re: Security Panel with IP Connectivity.

"CCUBOSS" <123@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Customer system hit by lightning.  Wants a new panel that he can connect
> to via network.  anyone got insight into any panels that have this
> feature?  he had a dsc 5010.  Normally I use Networx.  GE has a network
> module NX590E.  I have not used it.  Looks like it is mostly for
> reporting.   I think this customer is more interested in controlling the
> system via net. Any one use the 590E?  how does it work?  reliable?  can
> the system be configured and programmed via net reliably?

Napco P3200, P9600, and X255 can use their Net Link module and PCD manager
to add and change codes and review system history, but does not allow access
to dealer programming.  I have used it on a number of X255 panels employing
access control.  On an access control panel it also allows for card and
personnel management and access scheduling.  (I think the 3200 is supported
anyway.  I just use the X255 for this.)  Not sure about system status or
arming/disarming.  I do not think so.  For THOSE customers I prefer to sell
them a Wizard IIe instead.  They don't even need net access to check their
alarm or arm it.  Just a telephone.

I have not used their virtual keypad application.  I suppose I should check
it out.

Dealer programming can be accessed via the regular dealer software through a
net link module also.